The Farm Mechanic supports the Equipment Manager and Farm Manager in sustaining productive and economic farm operations by performing standard and advanced diagnostics, repair and maintenance on all farm equipment including but not limited to tractors, implements, engines and facilities.
CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. With operations in 13 states, CSS is one of the largest growers of chip potatoes and seed potatoes in North America. Our three main business segments include chip potato, seed potato and specialty potato production.
The Farm Mechanic reports to the Equipment Manager and will provide work direction to farm hands as needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of this position is to efficiently keep equipment at optimum operation level at all times by:
- Detecting the cause(s) of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems, correcting the cause(s) of the problems, and performing related repairs as necessary.
- Performing setup and pre-delivery inspection of new equipment.
- Performing preventive maintenance as recommended by company and related manufacturers.
- Keeping accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work performed.
- Operating heavy and light equipment including but not limited to tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders and other equipment as needed.
- Performing welding, acetylene burning, brazing, and soldering as required.
- Performing general labor and cleaning related to equipment maintenance.
- Keeps work area safe, neat and organized as necessary for efficient job performance.