Tasteful Selections is looking for a Safety Assistant to lead our safety initiatives across our shift schedule - we have multiple shift openings. The successful candidate(s) will be able to work nights and some weekends. This position is responsible for assisting the Safety Manager in minimizing the risk of job-related accidents, including monitoring operations to eliminate hazardous activities. Our Safety Assistant will play a key role in policy development to promote OSH (occupational safety and health) awareness and create a workplace culture that focuses on safety.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
This role will report to the Safety Manager and will work closely with other Safety Assistants, as well as Management Team members at Tasteful Selections. Safety Assistants will also communicate regularly with contract labor contacts for accident reporting and additional employee training needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conduct job hazard analysis of all positions throughout the facility
- Assist Safety Manager in conducting annual refresher training to all employees in the area of health, safety, ergonomics, and other required areas
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all areas of safety
- Facilitate employee-led behavior-based safety process in a team based environment
- Walk through production floor and outside receiving/washing areas regularly to ensure that safety protocols are followed by employees
- Conduct routine workplace safety inspections and establish measurable standards for the purpose of making continuous improvement recommendations
- Work with different departments, including production, warehouse, QC, and maintenance to ensure workplace safety standards are implemented and enforced
- Assist with employee incident investigation to uncover root cause and track completion of corrective actions
- Maintain records for all work related injuries and/or illnesses, provide statistical analysis, and assist management in developing effective counter-measures to improve safety objectives
- Address any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality, or personnel safety with Safety Manager and/or Management Team
- Compiles data, generates reports, and distribute reports to appropriate parties
- Help maintain and manage the EHS programs, policies, and procedures that comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- Administer new hire orientation safety training as needed
- Participate in monthly safety committee meetings
- Other duties as assigned