As the Assistant Farm Manager of our Bakersfield and Stockton farm locations, you’ll be assigned to specific crop acres to oversee, in partnership with one of our Farm Managers. This position has significant autonomy and requires a broad skill-set, including general management capability, attention to detail, "get-it-done" attitude, superior interpersonal skills and in-depth agricultural experience. While this position primarily focuses on our crops in Bakersfield, there may be times when assistance is needed at other locations.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
The Assistant Farm Manager works with the location Farm Manager to effectively manage planting and harvest equipment for approximately 6,000 acres of ground for potatoes and various vegetables annually, at our Bakersfield and Stockton locations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Support field operations, including tillage, planting, cultivation, harvest, and cover crop establishment
- Execute agronomic activities in coordination with the Farm Manager including scheduling of irrigation, fertilizer applications, and chemical applications
- Coordinate potato shipping activities to deliver excellent customer service and quality
- Facilitate situational work direction to seasonal, contract employees
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by employees
- Consistently communicate with the Farm Manager about farm activities, challenges and innovative solutions
- Coordinate purchasing of supplies, equipment, and inputs
- Adhere to irrigation constraints and oversee all rotational crop production and disposition