Position Summary We are currently looking for a Cold Storage Manager in Arvin, CA. This individual will have proven success in managing cold storage operations and will oversee day-to-day activities involving cold storage inventory.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
Relationships The Cold Storage Manager will report directly to our Plant Manager, will be a member of our Operations Management Team, and will work closely with Harvest Load-in and Production team members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all cold storage organization, documentation, and inventory
- Maintain inventory processes to ensure FIFO (first in, first out) usage
- Lead potato storage operations and storage cleaning throughout the year
- Read, understand, and plan accordingly per facility production schedule
- Responsible for making sure all daily paperwork is completed without error and submitted to the appropriate department in a timely manner
- Responsible for raw product inventory
- Manage storage filling operations and systems, using 1000 lbs macro bins
- Monitor produce quality and implement quality control standards
- Monitor crop storages during each seasonal rotation
- Lead storage filling operations
- Maintain storage facilities in order to obtain highest possible quality and lowest amount of shrink on crop production
- Monitor all aspects of mechanical and computer control panels, including temperature controls
- Analyze storage control data and make recommendations to maximize crop quantity and quality