Tasteful Selections is currently seeking applications for a full-time Farm Manager, to oversee our crops in our Bakersfield territory. This position has significant autonomy and requires a broad skill-set, including general management capability, attention to detail, "get-it-done" attitude, superior interpersonal skills and in-depth agricultural experience.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
The Farm Manager will report directly to our VP of Farm Operations and works closely with other location Farm Managers to effectively manage planting and harvest equipment for potatoes and various vegetables annually.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage crop potato production activities at farm locations within assigned territory
- Lead field operations, including tillage, planting, cultivation, harvest, and cover crop establishment
- Direct agronomic activities in coordination with VP of Farm Operations, including scheduling of irrigation, fertilizer applications, and chemical applications
- Oversee potato shipping activities to deliver excellent customer service and quality
- Support innovation in agronomic, equipment, and storage practices
- Manage location personnel and motivate seasonal, contract employees
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed by employees (Operations, Safety, HR, GAP/Food Safety, etc.)
- Consistently communicate with management about farm activities, challenges and innovative solutions
- Maintain P&L responsibility with significant focus on cost management, as well as managing site budget
- Manage purchasing of supplies, equipment, and inputs
- Develop cropping plan to adhere to irrigation constraints and oversee all rotational crop production and disposition
- Provide leadership for management of irrigation systems and monitoring of water usage