CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most; our land, our employees, and our communities. We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees' opinions we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful. at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed and pragmatic.
Greenhouse Workers are primarily trained to harvest potato minitubers. Greenhouse Workers have the opportunity to be cross-trained in additional job functions and become experts in specific functions. Through these opportunities and in accordance with skill sets they may be promoted. Additional job functions include:
- Lead Harvester - Perform as lead for a team of 3 in harvesting potato minitubers
- Greening - Assist in greening by rotating trays, sorting and removing rot, prepare for grading
- Grading - Operate grading machine, ensuring accuracy of sizes
- Counting - Count by hand and through operating the counting machine, ensuring accuracy of sizes
- Birthing - Assist with the transfer and preparing of plants from lab to greenhouse
- Cratefilling - Accurately fill crates by count and/or weight according to procedures
- Media - Follow recipes to produce media for tissue culture plantlets using sterile technique
- Propagation - Rapid multiplication of tissue culture plants using sterile technique
- Maintenance Support - Assist maintenance in special projects as directed
Primary Responsibility for Harvesting
- Harvest minitubers accurately to size at a steady pace to ensure harvest completion.
- Remove yellowing or dead leaves from plants being harvested
- Handle plants carefully to avoid damage.
- Weigh tubers in preparation for storage
- Accurately record plant variety and tub weight
- Place minitubers in correct cold room for greening
- Clean containers and equipment as needed