Tasteful Selections is currently seeking recent graduates for a management development opportunity. This position is responsible for the supervision of Harvest Production team members, ensuring that all HR, safety, food safety, quality, and sanitation policies are enforced. Will work closely with management team in achieving objectives and working towards continuous improvement.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
This position will report to the Harvest Production Manager. In this supervisory role the successful candidate will interact with all departments, working with maintenance to run the Receiving and Seed lines efficiently, while supplying the Production department with quality product in a timely manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Use RedZone (OEE Management System) to monitor productivity and track activities completed
- Analyze data to evaluate goal completion and product yields
- Review schedules and allocate team members to complete production expectations
- Manage team members in various roles, including graders, bin pushers, fork-lift drivers, truck drivers, and team leads
- Lead daily team huddles to communicate announcements, safety reminders, production goals, and approaching deadlines
- Provide employee coaching, mentoring, and training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively
- Evaluate subordinate performance, communicate with employees, and provide information for work performance improvement if needed
- Participate in Operational Team meetings with other supervisors, team leads, and production managers
- Oversee department specific sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food-safe environment
- Operate within SOPs to support employee and food safety, product quality, and workplace organization, with a focus on efficiency
- Submit time entry approvals to payroll team
- Establish open communication with Harvest Load-In Supervisor on opposite shift schedule, to ensure seamless transitions between crews and production activities
- Attend Farm Management Team meetings, as needed during periods of increased harvest load-in
- Address employee concerns, working with contractor representatives as necessary
- Complete daily production documentation for reporting