CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities. We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
In this role, you will:
- Operate heavy and light equipment including but not limited to tractors, trucks, pickups, skid steers, loaders and other equipment as needed.
- Optimize practices and utilize the latest ag technology such as GPS and precision Ag equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance as recommended by company and related manufacturers.
- Keep accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work performed.
- Maintain work area, chemical storage area, and equipment in a condition that promotes good safety practices.
- Use and maintain all personal protection equipment recommended for each work situation.
- Exercise respect and professionalism when working with land owners and other staff.
- Take on other tasks and responsibilities, as needed.
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Driving between farms sites to move supplies.
- Regularly handling objects of up to 65 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical, daily farm hours are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Harvest and planting seasons are busy and require longer hours and some weekends.