CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities. We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
- Math Skills: Good math skills will help machine operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: Machine operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: Machine operators will work with precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Mechanical and Technical Skills: Some machines are controlled by computers and operators will need to work with CAD/CAM technology. Others are highly mechanical and operators will need to know how and why they work.
- Stamina: Machine operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Analytical Skills: Machine operators will need to read and understand blueprints, schematics, models and other specifications.
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery.
- Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process.
- Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected.
- Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order.
- Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations.