Position Summary Tasteful Selections is currently looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our Accounting & Finance Team. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining departmental budgets, and generating cost reports. The person in this position will ensure proper accounting and recording of financial activities covering various areas and transactions (revenue, fixed assets, debt, etc.). This role will support the Controller to ensure that Tasteful Selections remains compliant with GAAP and statutory financial regulations.
Company Description Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
Relationships The Staff Accountant reports directly to our Controller and works closely with departmental management. Will work closely with Analyst Interns and Contract Payroll Specialist.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyze data and contribute accurate information to Management Reports
- Prepare data as requested, internally for Executives and externally for banks, auditors, vendors, etc., and assist with internal audit functions as needed
- Calculate, prepare, and post journal entries in the general ledger
- Prepare various financial documents for compliance with regulations
- Provides complex analysis to the budgeting process
- Reconcile and keep all balance sheet schedules
- Analyze general ledger account for unusual variances and make corrections as necessary
- Review and code monthly expense reimbursements
- Research and reconcile discrepancies
- Work closely with other departments to ensure appropriate coding
- Provide explanations for actual to budget variances, as requested
- Support Contract Payroll Specialist functions
- Reconcile credit cards
- Maintains fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting
- Assist with month end closing processes, conducting research, and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements
- Follow internal controls and processes
- Deposit checks
- Update weekly cash flow and monitor cash balances
- Bank reconciliations
- Performs other duties as assigned