CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great potatoes and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic
The Financial Analyst - Accounting is responsible for preparing journal entries and account reconciliations, compiling and analyzing data to provide management with accurate financial analysis which will be utilized in decision making and performance monitoring. This position plays a key role in the maintenance of accounting policies and procedures as well as in the financial reporting process.The position reports to the Accounting Manager to effectively maintain and control the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work, thorough review of financial records, preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations, and preparing financial reports.
The essential duties include assisting management with development of tools and reports, process documentation and ad-hoc analysis. Provide objective insights, timely reporting, effective analysis and overall finance support to ensure productive management reviews, financially based decisions and proactive responses to identify and mitigate risk.
- Prepare general ledger entries and account reconciliations
- Ensure timely execution of month-end closing tasks in conjunction with the rest of the Accounting team
- Provide assistance with the analysis and preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports including analysis and evaluation of the data
- Recommend and participate in the implementation of changes to accounting procedures and reports in an ongoing effort to continuously improve the quality of information and services provided
- Assist with the evaluation of financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure achievement of targeted financial performance
- Provide analytical support on cross-functional projects, as requested
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for financial projects/subjects such as planning, formulating and conducting financial studies to define performance plans for short and long-range business goals
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure targeted financial performance achievement
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendation based on sound financial analysis
- Participate in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Compile data to determine insightful analysis that anticipates change and drives decision making
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure business leaders are effective in creating and executing the business strategy or plan
- Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner
- Maintain well-organized and efficient files to provide easy accessibility to pertinent information
- Assist in preparation of GAAP internal financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from business partners
- Assist with year-end audit requested data and provide any interface, as needed
- Prepare various tax and corporate reports on a timely basis, as needed
- Researches GAAP related issues and make recommendations, as needed
- Other duties as assigned.