Tasteful Selections is seeking qualified applicants for our Planting Manager position responsible for overseeing planting activities at our various farm locations. The Planting Manager will be responsible for all field operations for Planting, including management of field team. Tasteful Selections currently operates Spudnik potato planters with an annual production volume of over 8,500 acres of baby potatoes.
Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
The Planting Manager will report directly to the Variety Development Manager and will work closely with other members of the Farm Team, including our Director of Agronomy, various Farm Managers, and our Director of Agricultural Assets.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility will center on daily planting operations
- Schedule planting based on communication with Variety Development Manager and Farm Managers
- Coordinate equipment and potato seed hauling logistics, including communication with the trucking company, truck drivers, and the potato packing facility
- Manage planting crew of operators (planter operators, tractor operators, forklift operators)
- Keep accurate records of potato varieties, seed sources, and fields
- Communicate all updates and/or issues to Senior Management in a timely manner
- Keep accurate time and attendance records for crew members
- Manage maintenance and repairs for all planting equipment
- Maintenance of company vehicle and tools
- Ensure that all planting equipment is kept in proper working order at all times, which includes servicing intervals and cleanliness
- Responsible for planter repairs, servicing of planting field tractors, and inventory management of all necessary planting parts
- Order replacement parts in a timely manner
- Monitor and make recommendations for Field Operations, such as pre-planting irrigation needs
- General shop and repair work during non-planting schedule