CSS Farms, a multi-state agricultural business, strives to provide innovative solutions and superior quality and service to our customers. We proudly and relentlessly continue to meet the highest standards of stewardship when it comes to the three things we value most: our land, our employees, and our communities.
We are a team-oriented company with a high trust, entrepreneurial culture. We value our employees’ opinions, we have a strong work ethic, and are focused on growing great vegetables and developing our operations profitably. People who are most successful at CSS Farms are energetic, self-directed, and pragmatic.
This position is responsible for assisting with field trials, lab analysis, and quality control throughout the year. This includes planting trials, conducting weekly observations, harvest trials, and data collection. This person will also provide assistance in the lab in the areas of quality assurance.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct planter accuracy checks
- Collect plant progress data during the growing season
- Assist with plot layout and design Monitor plot development on a weekly basis
- Harvest and data collection of trials
- Input data and results into farm data base
- Help with weekly sugar analysis
- Insure product meets quality standards
- Work in conjunction with others on farm with pest trapping network
- Conduct in-season yield sampling
This position works closely with the land and spends a large amount of time in the field. This includes:
- Walking and working outdoors in the elements.
- Driving between farm sites to move samples and other supplies.
- Regularly lifting objects (such as potato samples) of up to 30-40 lbs.
Expected Hours of Work
- Typical daily farm hours of 8 to 10 hours with varying start and end times depending on weather conditions. Typically, Monday through Friday with weekends as required based on season and weather.
- Harvest and planting seasons are busy and may require longer hours and some weekends.