Position Summary This role will be responsible for operating complex agriculture equipment. The successful candidate will be skilled in large equipment operation in crop fields, mechanically inclined, and driven to meet deadlines.
This position will require extensive travel with our planting or harvest crews, which includes lodging accommodations and per diems while away from the Bakersfield area. In times of high seasonal demands, work schedules can largely exceed 40 hours per week. Qualified applicants must be available to work evenings and/or weekends as needed. Work will primarily be performed outdoors, on and around commercial agriculture equipment and machinery.
Company Description Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
Relationships Our equipment operators on our travel teams work closely with our Harvest and/or Planting crews, as well as our Farm Managers. You will be cross-trained on a variety of equipment, including harvesters, planters, tractors, all-terrain forklifts, and other tractor-drawn machinery.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-operation inspections and performs light service/maintenance tasks
- Ability to understand and utilize the latest ag technology; GPS, precision ag equipment, computer, and smart phone
- Operates various equipment for all phases of harvesting and/or planting operations
- Perform routine repair work on farm equipment in field
- Serves as equipment operator for all farm locations, traveling with planting/harvest crews to throughout CA, NV, AZ
- Calibrate equipment as necessary
- Identify crop issues in the field, while operating equipment, and communicate observations to management
- Work with land owners and staff in a courteous and professional manner
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of agricultural equipment and vehicles, following all local/state regulations and company safety policies
- Use and maintain all personal protection equipment (PPE) recommended for each work situation
- Assists mechanic team with machine maintenance and repair activities as necessary
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned