Position Summary Our company is growing! It’s an exciting time to be a part of Tasteful Selections as we approach another expansion phase. We’re adding an HR team member, as our HR Administrator, to handle the daily HR activities and employee relations. This position will process a variety of HR duties at Arvin facility and farm locations. The HR Administrator will be the primary communication conduit between management, employees, staffing vendors, and off-site HR.
Company Description Tasteful Selections, LLC, located in Arvin, California, is a specialty potato company whose mission is to delight the consumer with great tasting, easy to prepare, inspirational potato products. A joint venture between RPE, Inc., CSS Farms, Inc. and Plover River Farms, Inc., the company is a vertically integrated farming operation which grows, packs, and markets baby potatoes, fingerlings and seed potatoes. More information can be found at www.TastefulSelections.com.
Relationships This position will report directly to our HR Manager and supports an employee base of approximately 600+ employees (full-time and contract). The HR Administrator will work closely will all levels of the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
General Human Resources Duties:
- Maintain employee personnel and other related HR files (i.e. new hire forms, benefit enrollments, time off requests, etc.) in an orderly and timely manner to insure all necessary documentation is included and released only to authorized individuals
- Support paperwork processing of new hires and exiting employees including but not limited to payroll change notices, benefits paperwork, I-9’s, W-4, etc.
- Learn, understand, and apply company policy and government regulations in connection with HR related issues
- Supports employment advertising and keeping position openings current within applicant tracking system
- Compile and revise job descriptions, while leading recruitment activities with hiring managers
- Supports workplace investigations, reviews employee complaints, and coordinates resolution with appropriate parties involved
- Process employment verifications, perform reference checks, and initiate pre-employment screenings
- Respond to employees’ inquiries and concerns about HR-related issues
- Forward EDD notices and employee claims to appropriate internal resources
- Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (labor, OT, meal premiums, attendance, etc.)
- Facilitate annual open enrollment activities and paperwork for employees
- Builds rapport with staffing vendors, maintains open dialogue with staffing resources, and completes vendor audits
Payroll Processing Duties:
- Enter employee data, time off requests, or other information as needed in HRIS system
- Serve as a resource for employee questions related to payroll, benefits and HR in general
- Support employees in the use of our HRIS Self-Service Portal
- Export Kronos time entries for payroll processing through HRIS and create Kronos reports as needed
- Submit new payroll deduction authorizations to be processed
- Cross-train in payroll batch completion, as back-up support for payroll functions
General Office Duties:
- Support executives with daily business and company-wide announcements as needed
- Assist in implementation of employee moral building activities including but not limited to wellness projects, employee recognition projects, and anniversaries.
- Schedule interviews with appropriate hiring managers and send interview confirmations
- Participate in HR projects and community events, as scheduled
- Maintain HR annual compliance posters in all facility and farm locations
- Process expense forms monthly
- Assists with on-site emergencies as needed
- Other tasks as assigned